Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort and Spa is located on Bazaruto Island about 30 kilometers off the coast of Mozambique surrounded by crystal clear water, abundant marine life, and world-class diving.
The resort makes the most of their pristine setting by offering guests a beach resort with understated luxury, and state of the art facilities. It is situated in the beach wilderness and is surrounded by powdery white beaches and palm trees, making it great for couples and groups of friends.
Do take note that shopping is best done on the mainland as Bazaruto does not have any real shops. The focus of a trip here is relaxation and water sports. There are however local bars in the area, so guests can feel free to join the locals for a drink and even a meal.
Anantara Bazaruto offers 44 villas. There are also separate inter-leading villas available for larger families or a small group of friends. The accommodation is divided up into Beach Villas, Beach Pool Villas, Seaview Pool Villas, Deluxe Seaview Pool Villas, and Anantara Pool Villas.
All the rooms feature air conditioning, mosquito nets, ensuite bathrooms, minibar, safe, satellite television and telephones. Below is a short summary of the different room types available:
- Two swimming pools
- Activity center with dive pool
- Curio Shop
- Internet access
The range of activities on offer include:
- Watersports: Wakeboarding, knee boarding, kayaking, and windsurfing
- Dune Boarding: A real treat for adrenaline junkies; it is exactly like snowboarding, except that you’re going full speed down a sand dune.
- Dhow Chasing: This a series of survivor games centered around the traditional Dhow boats. Participants will engage in a series of challenges, from capturing “hostages” to sailing the handcrafted boats themselves.
- Horse Rides: There is no better way to explore the forests and dunes on horseback. The rides will cater to riders of all levels, but riding lessons are also available.