July to October see the Great Wildebeest Migration move through the Masai Mara, but it is considered an all year round destination. The Masai Mara is also the traditional home of the Masai people, and village tours and cultural visits are highly recommended.
There are 37 luxury tents in the camp. Some tents line the riverbank whilst others are tucked away in the forest. All the tents feature ensuite bathrooms, flushing toilets, hot and cold running water and an outside area.
The Justus Tent is situated very privately and is ideal for honeymooners, so make sure to ask for it upon booking.
- Open-air bar tent
- Spa facilities
- Laundry service
- Viewing deck
Dinner at Governors Camp is a stylish and candlelit 4-course affair. Breakfast and lunch are served a delicious buffet with tasty choices on the Mara river banks.
- Game drives during the day (no night time drives allowed inside the park)
- Maasai cultural visits
- Lake Victoria day trips
- Spa treatments in camp
- Bush breakfasts, bush dinners, and sundowners
- Walking safaris
- Hot air balloon rides over the Great Migration
- Special trips during migration season
- Specialist bird-watching trips