The high ceilings of the hotel lobby, in addition to allowing incomparable views of the mountain, also showcases One&Only’s wine loft, an enormous tri-level glass wall housing over 5000 bottles of wine.
Staying at the One&Only
The warm-hued rooms and bathrooms in all categories at the One&Only are modern, comfortable and neat, as well as remarkably spacious, and particular categories feature inter-leading doors making this hotel very family and group friendly.
Guests are greeted with a complimentary bowl of fruit in the room, and a customizable mini bar. Bathrooms are extremely large, with large baths, showers, and Charlotte Rhys products. All rooms have harbor or mountain views.
The spa island, in addition to its fantastic treatments and hair salon, features a yoga pavilion where guests can enjoy relaxing sessions with excellent trainers. The surrounding waters also offer guests paddleboard sessions and a hop-on-hop-off ferry service which travels between the hotel, conference center, and waterfront.
The gym facilities at the One&Only are also exceptional, with a range of personalized options, packages, and trainers.
The KidsOnly programme, for children 4-11 years, is a standout service for families, with scheduled activities daily, outdoor play area, games, excursions and more. This service allows children to be entertained and cared for in a safe environment while parents can enjoy a spa treatment or some shopping at the V&A. Children below the age of 4 can be accommodated, as long as a babysitter or adult accompany them. Teenagers between 12 and 17 also have activities arranged for them.
Dining at the One&Only
The central part of the hotel, the Marina Rise, features two well-known and superb restaurants, Reuben’s and Nobu. Reuben’s is a famous South African chef, Reuben Riffel’s highly rated restaurant, where inclusive breakfast is served, as well as lunches and dinners. Nobu, open for dinner, is run by Michelin-starred chef Nobuyuki Matsuhisa and serves Japanese cuisine.
If you want to skip the restaurant and have a romantic dinner in your room with a view, that is also possible.
Vista Bar and Lounge is located in the center of the main lobby, with views on Table Mountain. Here guests can enjoy an all-day à la carte menu, evening cocktails or afternoon tea. Isola, the island and pool restaurant, serves Italian cuisine and has a pool service available.
- World Spa Awards – 2012 Best in Africa
- Travel+Leisure 2012 – No.1 City Hotel in Africa & the Middle East and No.14 in the Top 100 World’s Best Hotels
- American Express Platinum – Fine Dining Awards 2012 – Reuben’s and Nobu at One&Only Cape Town
- SpaFinder® Wellness Readers’ Choice Country Award – 2012 Favorite Spa in South Africa
- Tripadvisor – Travelers’ Choice Awards 2013 – Top 25 Hotels in Africa – Number 21
- Tripadvisor – Travelers’ Choice Awards 2013 – Top 25 Hotels in South Africa – Number 5
- Tripadvisor – Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012 – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Africa – Number 15
- Tripadvisor – Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012 – Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in Africa – Number 25
- Travel+Leisure 2012 – T+L 500 List of World’s Best Hotels – Africa
Address: Dock Road, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Phone: +27 21 431 5888
The hotel’s excellent location is also a mere 45-minute drive to the Cape Winelands.